Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pear Almond Bread (from One Hot Stove)



I made this Pear Almond bread using the recipe posted on one of my favorite blogs One Hot Stove. I followed the recipe exactly, with the only exception being that I didnt add any vanilla extract because I didnt have any on hand. The loaf turned out beautifully and the texture, moistness and crunch in the crust were perfect. For some reason, I was expecting it to be sweet(I dont know why!), but it wasn't sweet like a cake, rather, it had a nice sweet tinge to it, that's all.



The only issue with it was the whole wheat flour! It had that distinct "whole wheat bread" taste to it which is okay, but there is this contrast between how it looks (like a cake) and how it actually tastes (like whole wheat bread)

So next time I make it, I'm going to use the regular pastry flour and I know we will enjoy it even more!

Thanks Nupur for the lovely recipe!

No comments: