Sunday, April 20, 2008

Masala Recommendation-MDH Tava Fry masala



This is a new discovery for me! I picked up this masala from our nearest Indian store out of curiosity. The name sounded yummy and reminded me of the Tava subzi's like bhindi, eggplant, karela and gobi that are invariably served in shaadi's in India. I have only been to 2 shaadis in India in almost 8 yrs and I frankly don't remember the taste of the food because its been too long! So, I got the MDH Tava Fry masala and I have to say that it is awesome! I have started using it in almost all of my indian cooking and it gives a very nice flavor to just about everything! I use it along with other masalas or just by itself and it tastes yummy each time! But to get the best of the taste of this masala, use it in simple arhar daal. Boil the daal, give it a tarka of onions, tomatoes, green chilli, dhaniya, some red mirchi and 2 heaped spoons of the tava fry masala and you're in taste heaven!

No comments: