Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Home-made Pizza



Whenever I make pizza at home, I get the Boboli pizza crust from Safeway. Recently, I saw that they had a whole wheat pizza crust too and I picked it up. I am trying to move away from all refined and processed grains like maida and trying to incorporate whole wheat and whole grain ingredients in our food. So, I was very excited to see the whole wheat pizza base and eager to use it.

To make the pizza, I spread some pizza sauce on the crust, then spread a layer of grated cheese. I use the pepper jack cheese on my pizza, because of its distinct flavor which comes across very well in the pizza. On the cheese layer is sprinkled some very finely chopped garlic and then go the veggies: onions, green chillis, tomatoes, red and green bell peppers and finally, some mushrooms. Add a dash of salt and red chilli powder and bake in the preheated oben at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Here's what it looks like before putting in the oven:



On Arnav's side of the pizza, since he doesnt want "mirchi", I use colby jack cheese and omit the red chilli powder and green chillis and add some paneer cubes.

We enjoy the pizza with coke and its the only time when Arnav is allowed a few sips of coke!

The verdict: Whole wheat pizza crust is GREAT! We couldnt tell the difference and its definitely more healthy!

No comments: