Sunday, February 24, 2008

My new passion


I recently got this book that I absolutely love going through, at every chance that I get. Its a treasure trove of useful information on the 150 amazing, healthiest, nutrient dense, disease fighting and ailment preventing foods on earth.


I was recently listening to a radio show during my long commute to work, where this doctor/professor of medicine from Stanford (sorry, I forgot his name) was talking about how as a population, the average age and life span of humans has increased over the years. Right now, there are around 55,000 individuals in the US who are over the age of 100. He mentioned that so many people, when they get older (in their eighties) remark that if they had known they would live this long, they would've taken better care of their health when they were younger. I agree with him one hundred percent!


Also, being a chemist and working in the pharmaceutical industry now, I do know that there are countless nutrients, mineral, phytochemicals and other species that are needed for the proper functioning of the body, not all of which can be synthesized by the body and need to be present in the food that we eat. I have decided to make a conscious effort to include such fresh, nutrient dense fruits, vegetable, herbs, grains and nuts in our meals.


Coming back to the book, I will be sharing some pictures, information and excerpts with you on this blog and also chronicle some of the goodies that I include in our regular meals. You can get this book for yourself if you follow this link. Believe me, it's worth every penny of the $20 that you will spend.

No comments: